Business Enabling Environment
Through our effective and established lobbying mechanisms, int@j plays a key role in influencing national policy-making. We have already seen significant success in eliminating legislative challenges and cutting red-tape, and we continue to lobby to dismantle barriers that face the industry. Advocacy through int@j provides many advantages for our members over lobbying individually.
These include giving more strength to the arguments and being able to advocate that a certain policy is not in the sector or public interest. Individually, the companies cannot make the claim that they are advocating for the public good.
In addition, int@j recognises the importance of IP-based companies (companies who have intelectual property in ICT), therefore, int@j is developing an IP Portal for companies to define their IP value, which will also reflect on their export readiness and compatitivness in the regional and international markets.
Also, one of the Exports Development Program (EDP) roles is to assess the export readiness of Jordanian IT companies to become export-ready, through providing different services to help them penetrate new markets and find new bussiness opportunities in existing markets
In 2015 int@j embarked on the launch of the Jordan Skills Standardization Organization (JSSO) program that aims to bridge the ICT skill gap between graduates and employers.
- Blue Ocean Council: A body dedicated to provide technical & professional advisory services to individual entrepreneurs & companies in the ICT sector.
- Darat Al-Reyada: A Public Incubator Launched in partnership with MOICT & Amman Chamber of Commerce & provides entrepreneurs with services like: needed infrastructure, dedicated space, strategic support and mentoring
Access to Finance
- Identifying Clusters such as financial, healthcare, education, creative, clean-tech …etc
- Promoting use of technology,
- Building Special Relations with Membership Organizations (Chambers, Associations, etc…)
The country needs to stimulate the demand for ICT products and services by developing internet-literate citizens and encouraging individuals, businesses and the government to adopt digital applications and e-services beside latest technologies.